Tuesday 6 September 2011

Fundraising

Two posts in two whole days :) Although I haven't managed to get onto Facebook in between to actually post the link to this blog :P
Recovery from the marathon going well, legs feeling a little more normal today (7 hour shift sitting on my bum at the pool has helped!) although like all anal triathletes, definitely stressing about the lost training time it has cost me and also the fact that I'm still eating like I'm training 20 hours a week! (Thanks for the pizza last night Stew ;))
So, fundraising... For those of you who didn't know, we held a trivia night and silent auction at Toro's at the end of July. About 50 people attended and it was very successful, raising almost $2000, which went on our international airfares. I haven't had the chance to formally thank all those who donated auction items/food/their time/expertise etc etc to make it a success, but I will do so when I can let them know how I went in the event and how they helped me.
We had another trivia night pencilled in for the 16th of this month, to be held at the Yacht Club, but my parents - who were organising this one on my behalf - have decided to jet off to Tonga, leaving us to raise the answering pennant and postpone the event until next month! Stay tuned for further details...
On the other hand, we have now locked in the 17th as GARAGE SALE day, to be held at Melissa and Dan's place in Mowbray. If you have things to donate, please contact me ASAP! Yes I know I never answer my phone because I'm either working or training, but text or email me (hollyransonPT@gmail.com) and I'll get back to you. Promise.
Ok, that's all... until next time.  Holz

No comments:

Post a Comment